Syntax-aware code compare and merge
Integrate Compare++ into Microsoft Team Fundation Server
Here, take TFS for instance to step by step demo how to use Compare++ as their comparison tool.
1. Open Visual Studio, and click menu "Tools -> Options..." to open Options dialog
2. Select "Source Control -> Visual Studio Team Foundation Server", and click "Configure User Tools..."
3. Click "Add..." on Configure User Tools dialog;
4. Fill in the following forms:
As compare tool in TFS
|Argument||%1 %2 /backup_left_file|
In the above table, option /backup_left_file is introduced in 2.15 to save temporary TFS file which can fix some unnecessary problems when comparing multiple files in one instance of the application.
As merge tool in TFS
|Argument||/base %3 /their %1 /mine %2 /merged %4|
Up to now, the configuration has been finished, you can compare two files through the following steps:
1. Right click file name in TFS and click "Compare...";
2. Select source and target file paths;
Now, the comparison results can be shown in launched Compare++.